A comprehensive guide to kickstart your journey to optimal health.
1. Water– The average human body is estimated to be about 60 to 70% water. It is therefore essential to up keep the levels of water in the body by drinking approximately 8 glasses (2 litres) per day.
2. Air– “Your breath is your source of life”.How you breath determines the quality of your life. Since breathing supplies over 99% of your entire oxygen and energy supply. Poor breathing causes or worsens chronic ailments such as asthma, allergies, anxiety, fatigue, depression, headaches, heart conditions, high blood pressure, sleep loss, obesity, stress, poor mental clarity plus hundreds of other lesser emphasised but equally harmful conditions. ALL diseases are caused or worsened by poor breathing.
3. Food– Healthy eating is a vital part of good health. Based on the proverb “You ARE what you EAT“, diet has a direct effect on your health status. A general rule of thumb, a person should consume 70% Fresh Fruit and Vegetables. With 30% meat.
4. Exercise– “Stagnation is the First cause of poor body functioning”. The human body is designed for movement, when a person does not exercise it results in poor bodily functioning, with a decline in strength, bone density, muscle mass and blood circulation. To improve bodily function, it is recommended to exercise a minimum of 30 minutes per day 3 times a week.
5. Rest– In order to repair itself, the body requires adequate rest. This includes a good nights rest of 6-8 hours coupled with a minimum of 20 minutes afternoon siesta to a maximum of one hour. In-adequate rest affects the body, mind and emotional well being.
6. Digestion– Optimum digestion results in Optimum absorption and assimilation of nutrients into the body. On the other hand, lack of digestion leads to chronic disease over time. An indication of good digestion is good bowel movements.
7. Treatment– This should be the last resort, when all else fails. Every treatment should be tailored to the individual. The regime should entail, permanent, safe, fast, effective and natural methods in the restoration of health. In this the healing crisis should be minimised and supported.